Someone said: Do it!
So, I did it!
What a great trip... Last weekend, my colleague Romi, dragged me along spending a day together with her friends in a place appx. 150km south of BsAs called Lubos. All guys portenos, all great fun. We spoke Spanglish, which was a perfect win-win situation for them and me.
However, the goal for the day was parachuting! ...well ok, for most of the group, the real goal was the big parrillada (barbecue) afterwards (including me at first). Only three of them planned to jump. But, spontaneously, I changed my mind and joined them...
So, how did that happen?? (I asked myself this question.) I think: I simply didn't think too much, but just followed my good mood of the day... (I realize more and more... in lots of situation thinking is contraproductive!) ...and seriously, I was not even scared - at least until the door of the plane opened and my coach told me to get out! THAT was the moment when I started thinking and asking myself what the hell I am doing... but - being kind of proud - I felt it was a bit too late to chicken out.
So, I jumped!
So, how was it??
The first 45 seconds were just great! That is how long the free fall takes. I just could not close my mouth... screaming... exciting... great! ...but then... the parachute opened and we slowely took turns returning back to mother earth (appx 5 min)... and not too surprising for someone who knows me: I got sick! Basically, the last minute, was hard: ignoring the pain and concentrating on my breathing, ....counting, slowly, deep,... you know (that is how I imagine giving birth). Well, ok.... luckily, I landed w/o any use of the "emergency bag" (someone else needed it btw). But it took me a while to recover, my knees felt like jelly... and I think you can identify my white face on some pics. ;-)
Overall: great experience! "Very intense" feels like the best description to me.
Do I want to do it again? ...not really... Why? Actually, now that I think about it: It is quite scary!! :-)



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen